Club Manager Resources
Youth Protection Standards (background screening and child abuse prevention training)
The Texas 4-H Youth Development program is committed to helping create safe environments for young people to learn, have fun and develop socially, we work to ensure that the adults we entrust to work with young people only have the best interests of youth at heart.
The purpose of the Youth Protection Standards Program is to provide a safe and secure environment for youth and adults involved in Extension programs, implement best practices related to management of volunteer service risk, and protect the image and integrity of Texas AgriLife Extension Service and its associated groups. In order to serve as a volunteer, all potential volunteers who have direct, face-to-face contact with youth, must be screened through the Youth Protection Standards Program. The criminal background check conducted is a national search of 48 jurisdictions, in addition to state and national sex offender lists. (description taken directly from www.texas4-h.tamu.edu)
Club Managers will be screened by enrolling as a volunteer in 4H Connect each September. The background screening will be conducted once enrollment is completed and the $10.00 fee has been submitted. The background screening will be conducted every three years according to the system that is currently in place, but the $10.00 enrollment fee will be collected each year to cover background screening fees. Club Managers are required to have a current enrollment and background screening each 4-H year. Adult volunteers who will transport children in their personal vehicle or accompany 4H members on an overnight trip will also need to take Child Protection Training. Details are below.
Child Protection Training (online through 4-H Connect)
There have been some people who have had trouble completing the course using Internet Explorer, so we would recommend that you take the course using Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome as your browser.
- Sign into 4-H Connect with your email address and password.
- Click on the “Edit” button next to your name.
- Look on the upper left corner, and you will see the word “Trainings” in blue.
- Click on the word “Trainings”.
- Next, look on the upper right corner, and you will see a gray and white box that says “Available Trainings”.
- Click on “Available Trainings” and then you will see the “Child Protection Training” listed.
- Click on “Sign Up” and you will begin the training course.
Resources for Club Managers
2018-2019 Club Charter Application
2018-2019 Club Chartering Information
Club Manager Position Description (pdf)
Texas 4H Club Financial Rules & Guidelines (pdf)
The 4-H Club Meeting (general description of how to conduct a meeting)
4-H Activities (pdf) – generic description of different aspects of a club meeting or project. For more specific ideas, please see the two publications directly below.
http://texas4-h.tamu.edu/volunteer/ – website from the Texas 4-H Youth & Development office that you can use as a resource for club activity ideas, ice breakers, program ideas, recreation activity ideas, community service ideas. They have club meeting ideas for each month for four years.
Putting the Pieces Together (pdf) – large document that contains many possible club activity ideas that help to promote leadership
Texas 4-H and Youth Development website link: texas4-h.tamu.edu
Texas 4-H and Youth Development Management Guide (pdf)
Monthly Club Report Forms:
- Meeting Report Form (pdf)
- Sign In Sheet (Word)
- Sign In Sheet (pdf)
- 4-H Club Meeting Agenda/Minutes Form (Word)
- Attendance Roster (MS Excel)
- Attendance Roster (pdf)
- Logging In (pdf) – how to log in to 4-H Connect as a club manager
- Member Function: Viewing Members (pdf) – how to view a list of the active members of your club for rosters, attendance records, contact information, etc…
Club Position Descriptions:
- Club Officer Handbook (general overview of all club positions)
- President (pdf)
- First Vice President (pdf)
- Second Vice President (pdf)
- Third Vice President (pdf)
- Secretary (pdf)
- Treasurer (pdf)
- Reporter (pdf)
- Parliamentarian (pdf)
- Council Delegate (pdf)